|January 28, 2013 - June 15, 2013|
|Salary Range:||$45,900 - $61,201|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||This position is responsible for providing technical assistance in the preparation of the annual operating budgets, reporting budget-to-actual performance and related variance analysis. The position is also responsible for preparation of related financial reports presented to staff and the Board of Trustees and the public. |
|Duties:||1. Preparation of month-end information for PIC, highlights, scorecard, finance board report.|
2. Preparation of the annual budget. Specifically responsible for all wage/fringe budget preparation and coordination of each departmental submission. Responsible for maintaining actual/budget information in the budget software package.
3. Performs an on-going financial analysis of the Authority’s performance relative to the budget, as approved by the Board of Trustees.
4. Creation and maintenance of several databases which generate weekly/monthly/annual data for analysis and reporting.
5. Coordinates the collection of the NTDR ridership statistics.
6. Conducts trend analysis and provides summary reports to management.
7. Prepares division budget comparison and OPS file.
8. Back-up to the Revenue Ridership Analyst.
9. Serves as a member of the Budget Committee- principle finance representative.
10. Performs periodic reviews and forecasts of entire COTA operating budget.
|Qualifications:||• Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or Finance; a combination of education and relevant demonstrated experience in budgeting will be considered.|
• Must have a minimum of three (3) years’ experience with multi-departmental budget preparation preferably in the public sector and including related accounting and financial management skills.
• Must be knowledgeable in financial and cash management, short and long range forecasting, and financial analysis. Must be knowledgeable in single and multi-year budgeting procedures and performance based management concepts to link budgetary information with strategic objectives.
• Must have demonstrated superior computer skill with strong experience with MS Access and MS Excel. (spreadsheet design, creating databases, data manipulation)
• Must have excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing. Must be able to effectively and accurately communicate financial information to both financial and non-financial end users.
• Must have excellent organizational skills.
• Must have excellent human relations and leadership skills.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.