|July 19, 2013 - September 30, 2013|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||This position is responsible for network planning, redesign, and engineering of the Authority’s enterprise network. Also, responsible for administration of the Telecommunications (Tcom) system, internet accessibility, and business critical applications and processes.|
|Duties:||• Responsible for the planning, design and engineering of the enterprise network; monitors network performance and capacity.|
• Implements new systems; researches, plans, installs network solutions based upon COTA’s overall direction.
• Manages Internet accessibility and CISCO based network infrastructure.
• Installs, configures and utilizes network performance monitoring tools for proactive response to issues and anomalies.
• Responsible for researching, planning, implementing, and upgrading network security solutions; monitors network for intrusions and security breaches.
• Configures, builds, maintains and troubleshoots network components and subsystems including but not limited to network core devices, routers, switches, firewalls and virtual switching devices.
• Troubleshoots and supports user connectivity, equipment, LAN/WAN network issues.
• Assists Information Technology team in maintaining COTA’s phone system and designing enhancements to or replacement of the existing system.
• Ensure the proper management of all network related documentation, password and configuration management.
|Qualifications:||• Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field. A viable combination of education and experience will be considered.|
• Must have at least five (5) years previous work experience with various levels of CISCO networking hardware in a Microsoft Windows based environment supporting a 24/7 production environment.
• Must have demonstrated experience designing high availability network solutions.
• Must have MCSE or CCNA certification.
• Must have good written and oral communication skills.
• Must have reliable transportation for after hours and on-call support.
• Must have good interpersonal skills.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.