Superintendent Of Transportation
|August 21, 2013 - August 28, 2013|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||This position is responsible for providing safe, reliable, and efficient transportation service through the establishment of departmental goals, objectives, and day-to-day management of a bus operations transportation staff. |
|Duties:||MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSITION |
1. Recommends and enforces operational policies and practices to ensure safe, reliable, and efficient delivery of service.
2. Monitors on-time performance, customer service, and fleet reliability to improve performance.
3. Develops and maintains a well-qualified workforce through the practice of sound general management principles including training, efficient work scheduling, performance monitoring, counseling and correction, and discipline when necessary.
4. Ensures equipment and bus operators begin and maintain on-time daily service, reviewing daily reports and system efficiency data concerning bus operator’s and supervisor performance.
5. Recommends to the Director of Transportation innovative programs to decrease lost time and heighten productivity of Transportation personnel.
6. Assures that labor disputes are avoided or minimized through the fair and equitable interpretation and application of all contract provisions by meeting regularly with employees, counseling and or disciplining employees up to and including discharge in accordance with established rules and regulations.
7. Achieves maximum productivity and high employee morale through the practice of sound and effective communication with employees at all levels.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSITION (Specific Assignments)
Superintendent – Radio Central/Customer Complaints/Investigations-ADA
• Oversees and manages the complaint process (third party, customer complaints and internal) for the Transportation Department.
• Manages ADA compliance of the Transportation Department.
• Manages and oversee the video/audio download and distribution of complaints for bus operations.
• Oversees Radio Central Operations including Transportation Service Supervisors - Radio
• Supervises Part-time TSS and ADA audits.
• Reviews Transportation Service Supervisors Transportation Reports for consistency and reviews with appropriate staff.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Transportation or related field with six (6) to nine (9) years’ experience in management responsibilities and transportation administration. A viable combination of education and experience may be considered.
• Must have experience in managing in a union environment and in administering labor contracts.
• Must have excellent communications and human relations skills; ability to supervise diverse groups of people.
• Must have ability and experience to develop and maintain a cost-effective operating budget.
• Must be able to create and implement sound, cost-effective programs to improve productivity, and efficient operations; be able to analyze problems and situations, initiate and make decisions or recommendations to the Director of Transportation.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.