Vice President, Operations
|March 11, 2014 - March 11, 2014|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
COTA serves the Central Ohio community by providing fixed route bus service as well as mobility services for the elderly & disabled. COTA’s service population is 1.2 million covering 562 square miles encompassing all of Franklin County and portions of 4 other counties.
In 2012 COTA had the privilege of serving this community by providing 18.4 million passenger trips, and ridership growth for 2011 was 10.2% - the highest among large and medium sized bus transit agencies in the U.S. COTA’s plans include increasing annualized service hours from 925,000 to 1.13 million by 2017. COTA is committed to the environment as demonstrated by its plan for fleet conversion from diesel to CNG fueled coaches beginning in 2013. COTA's facility plan ensures that all new build construction and facility renovations are consistent with LEED standards. COTA provides its services in a manner that recognizes COTA as the public transit component of neighborhood, workforce, and business development and as part of the community effort to attract tourism and visitors by enhancing the visitor experience.
The Vice President of Operations is responsible for leading the Operations Division, meeting the needs of the community and achieving COTA operation goals through overall management of bus operation, vehicle maintenance, security services, mobility services, and quality assurance systems, and providing for the optimum efficiency and safety of transit operations. Plans and directs activities to ensure adherence to budget and accomplishment of business unit objectives. Reporting to the President/CEO, this position directly manages five Directors and an administrative assistant with total oversight of 725 employees. The position is also responsible for effectively managing and ensuring quality, customer focused, safe, reliable, on-time transit service. The Vice President of Operations is responsible for promoting sound and effective labor relations with COTA’s labor union. Responsible for efficient and effective vehicle maintenance functions and ensures the operational preparedness of all COTA vehicles.
|Qualifications:||Education and/or Experience:|
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Transportation or related field with ten years of experience in executive responsibilities and transportation administration at senior management levels. A viable combination of education and experience will be considered.
• Demonstrated ability to solve problems, develop solutions and organize and implement effective business unit strategies
• Strong research and analytical skills/experience
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
• Knowledge of federal, state and local transportation laws, regulations, guidelines and practices
• Demonstrated ability to inspire and motivate others by creating a climate of shared vision and empowerment
• Possesses financial acumen to prepare, forecast, and manage a budget in excess of $77.7 million annually
• Must have excellent managerial, human relations, supervisory skills and experience , preferably in a union environment
COTA is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. To apply, please visit COTA’s applicant website @ http://cota.iapplicants.com.
About Columbus, Ohio:
Central Ohio has been named one of the top local economies in the U.S. and the third fastest-growing major metropolitan area in the Midwest. This region is ranked nationally and internationally as a strong economy due largely to the fact that the types of jobs for which there is greatest demand are the jobs available in this marketplace. Fifteen of the top 40 employers in the central Ohio region are in the high-growth industries. Columbus is home to 14 Fortune 1000 companies, four nationally recognized healthcare systems, 20 colleges and universities and an atmosphere that nurtures innovative and entrepreneurial small businesses. Recognition from major news sources include:
• #1 up & coming high-tech city (Forbes Magazine)
• #7 best city in country for business (Market Watch)
• Top ten most livable city (CNN/Money Magazine)
• America’s Best Place to Raise Kids (Business Week)
• 4th best city in the nation for jobs and housing (Yahoo Finance)
• 7th most affordable city in which to live (Forbes.com)
• #13 in nation for most Capital Investment projects (Site Selection Magazine)
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.