|October 22, 2013 - November 15, 2013|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||Planning & Service Development|
|Description:||This position is responsible for building schedules for the Authority’s system-wide service area to ensure cost-effective use of bus operator personnel and equipment within the constraints of the Union contract.|
|Duties:||1. Analyzes data collected from bus operators, supervisors, Automatic Passenger Counter (APC), ride checks, point checks, Orbital data, and field studies to determine accurate running times, time point loads, maximum loads, recovery points in building, modifying/rebuilding schedules and blocking buses; determines accurate running times and frequencies for building schedules; uses PC to generate information with Trapeze programs.|
2. Conducts field studies on running times, schedules adherence, load counts, maximum load points, recovery points and routes for possible schedule modification; routinely investigates and responds to schedule complaints/recommendations from operators, supervisors, and the public; performs necessary research and recommends changes in schedules; coordinates any implemented revisions with various concerned COTA departments/offices.
3. Develops new schedules; modifies bus schedules through working with CIC, operators, transportation supervisors and passenger surveys to meet the needs of the riding public. Attends operator comment meetings and public meetings to receive/gather input.
4. Assists with bus operator sign-up three (3) times a year to explain schedules and answer questions. Utilizes PC to modify schedules and sign-up information and generates documents for Transportation; provides necessary information and/or attends department/inter-departmental meetings that involve bus schedules.
5. Ensures accuracy of public timetables and route statistics for revised/new bus routes.
6. Creates bus schedules for special services (Ohio State Fair, Football Trippers, Zoo Service, Red, White & Boom); provides necessary reports concerning these projects to the Finance Department.
7. Occasionally facilitates special transit projects or services.
|Qualifications:||• Two (2) years of college or technical school in Business or Computer Science. Knowledge and experience of relational database and spreadsheet technology with two (2) years’ experience in utilizing data in a computer environment.|
• Must have excellent organizational, mathematical and analytical skills.
• Must have good human relations skills, and good written and verbal communication skills.
• Must have knowledge of COTA service area, routes and Transport Workers Union Local 208 Memorandum of Agreement.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.