Online Marketing Manager
|November 21, 2013 - February 28, 2014|
|Salary Range:||$55,841 - $62,046|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||Communications, Marketing & Customer Service|
|Description:||SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES|
This position plans, implements and oversees COTA’s online marketing strategies and initiatives. The Online Marketing Manager is responsible for producing content across multiple platforms and formats and facilitating the delivery of critical customer and stakeholder information to maximize stakeholder engagement and promote positive customer behavior. Other responsibilities include ensuring brand consistency across platforms and compiling and interpreting analytics and meaningful measurement. This position collaborates with various departments and divisions to define COTA’s online marketing strategy and understand the brand as interpreted by the customer.
1. Establishes and produces COTA’s online content strategy (web, mobile and social media) and budget that supports and extends marketing initiatives, both short- and long-term, determines which methods work for online and mobile, and continuously modifies and improves strategies.
2. Ensures all content is on-brand, with a consistent style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience for online, mobile and social media channels.
3. Develops and maintains a functional content calendar and defines the owners and respective responsibilities in each department.
4. Supervises writers, editors, content strategists; serves as arbiter of best practices in grammar, messaging, writing, and style.
5. Conducts ongoing usability tests to gauge content effectiveness. Gathers data and handles analytics (or supervise those who do) and makes recommendations based on those results. Works with owners of particular content to revise and measure particular content and marketing goals.
6. Develops standards, systems and best practices (both human and technological) for content creation, distribution, maintenance, updating, content retrieval and content repurposing.
7. Establishes and manages work flow for requesting, creating, editing, publishing, and retiring content. Work with IT and external contractors to implement appropriate CMS.
8. Conducts periodic competitive audits.
9. Creates and implements strategy for developing real time distribution and SMS/MMS outreach and advertising as needed.
10. Manages and directs freelance graphic designers, photographers, videographers, web programmers and social media consultants. Managers the marketing intern and/or generalist to assist with the website and social media updates.
11. Makes edits to design documents, including Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign.
12. Takes photographs for events, publications and various projects and maintains database of photographs for use in COTA publications and other media.
13. Represents COTA at special events including evenings and weekends as required.
|Qualifications:||STATEMENT OF QUALIFICATIONS|
• Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Public Relations, or Communications with an emphasis in online marketing preferred. A viable combination of education and experience will be considered.
• Must have six to nine (6-9) years of experience in website project management, development and maintenance. Must have experience in and knowledge of social media.
• Must be proficient in Content Management Systems, and knowledge of third party application integration and mobile technology.
• Must have a solid understanding of public and customer relations; excellent interpersonal and administrative skills, and verbal/written communication skills.
• Must have some experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign or the ability to learn the basic skills.
• Must present samples/portfolios upon request.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.