ITS Product Manager
|March 07, 2014 - April 30, 2014|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||The ITS Product Manager will be the lead SME (Subject Matter Expert) on the Trapeze ITS Suite of products, ensuring they are configured to meet COTA’s operational needs and that the COTA staff is trained to use them effectively.|
Currently the ITS system consists of over seven (7) products which serve to manage everything from running our buses, managing our people, communicating with our passengers and more. This position is dedicated to know and understand the full ecosystem of these products in our environment. This position will be a direct point of contact with the Trapeze Customer Care center.
This position will manage the efforts of the ITS Technicians. This will ensure a closed loop process of problem resolution not only with the functionality of the software, but the reliability of the hardware as well.
|Duties:||1. Lead SME for the ITS (Intelligent Transportation Systems) Suite of products (OPS, PASS, COM, VIEWPOINT, FX, ITS (CADAVL), etc. and AVA software); application support, technical support, troubleshooting, product/application configuration, testing & approval, teaching, coaching and assisting COTA staff in all capacities.|
2. Develops documentation to administer, maintain, and implement policies and procedures for ensuring the operability of the Authority’s ITS suite of products and their non-server related components.
3. Point of contact for Trapeze Customer Care for issue resolution, in regards to the related products.
4. Software Monitoring: Monitors the performance of the software applications in their support to Operations; working with Operations to set performance metric goals.
5. Hardware Monitoring: Monitors the production level performance of the hardware components (including Motorola radios, GPS antennas, etc.) within the COTA’s fleet of vehicles as well as additional ITS systems positioned for implementation.
6. Coordinates with the Business Analysts to ensure built in reports are utilized appropriately within the various applications to support operational needs.
7. Supervises ITS Technicians (2) and coordinates their activities in support of Vehicle Maintenance and Mobility Services.
8. Communicates and suggests countermeasures for problem resolution or adjustments to operational plans.
|Qualifications:||• Must have a four (4) year college degree in related field with three to five (3-5) years in supporting operational software|
• Must have strong management, verbal and written communication skills. Able to successfully interact with internal and external customers and suppliers.
• Must have working knowledge of Intelligent Transportation Systems and the technologies they use.
• Ability to read, interpret, and understand technical and non-technical documents including but not limited to contracts, product drawings, and product specifications. Must demonstrate attention to detail.
• Must be proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint, Visio and Project; must have the ability to learn new computer programs (software and applications). Knowledge and experience with SQL, Crystal, or other dB reporting tools a plus.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.