|April 02, 2011 - August 31, 2015|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||The Bus Operator position is considered to be a safety sensitive position; please complete the safety sensitive sections of the application. |
This position is accountable for operating a motor coach and transporting COTA customers in a safe, courteous and on-time manner.
|Duties:||1. Operates a motor vehicle safely and courteously, transporting customers over the various lines in COTA’s system.|
2. Performs work in accordance with operating rules and regulations.
3. Speaks coherently and plainly, in order to call out stops and provide customers with any necessary information.
4. May operate any motor vehicle of 40 feet or less on the Neighborhood Circulator Route Board when required.
|Qualifications:||• Must be at least 21 years old.|
• Must have a valid Ohio Driver’s License and qualify to obtain a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) permit.
• Must have a high school diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.) from an accredited school.
• Must have proof of U.S. citizenship or authorization to work in the U.S.
• Must have one year’s experience in a public contact job, preferably as a sales clerk, waiter/waitress, customer service, etc.
• Must have a steady work history.
• Must have reliable transportation.
• Must verify the past three (3) years’ driving record and meet the following criteria:
- No more than one moving violation within 1 year.
- No more than 2 moving violations in last 3 years.
- No revocation/suspension in last 5 years.
- No OMVI or DUI in last 5 years.
- No hit and skips in last 5 years.
- No ACDA in last 5 years.
• Must have a clean criminal record and undergo a thorough criminal background check. Some convictions may result in disqualification.
• Must be able to work mandatory overtime to include, but not limited to, early mornings, evenings, and week-ends.